Monday, April 27, 2009

I have no clue what I'm working towards.

I have no clue what I'm working towards.

I've been playing a decent amount of FFXI lately. I finished my Dnc sub and have been working on Nin and Thf. Well, I've been exping on Nin, and using Campaign Ops and Exp scrolls for Thf. Nin has been getting a bit more fun lately, although, I doubt that I will level it past 37 at this time.

I've also been leveling Alchemy. It's up to 18. I'm not really sure why I've been skilling it up. I don't have any long term goals for it, or any craft for that matter. I also picked Fishing back up, but with the slow skill ups, I can see me throwing in the towel again sometime soon.

The thing that's been weird about FFXI lately is that I have no idea what I'm working towards. I keep telling myself that I'm leveling Nin and Thf for subs for Sam, but once they get to 37, I'm not even sure if I will start exping on Sam again. It'd be nice to have another job at 75, but it would be just another level 75 job that pales in comparison to anyone that does even a little bit of endgame. I feel that my Blm is horribly gimped whenever I see another one running around. Yeah, there are some HQ's that I could buy from the auction house, but, unless I had over 5 million gil, I'd barely even make a dent in all of the HQ's that I'd like to get for it. Plus, since I don't merit, my Blm doesn't even do what it could with some potency or skill merits.

So I'm back to what I was first saying. I don't know what I'm aiming for. Since time doesn't really allow me to do anything endgame related, storyline is the only thing that has ever kept me going. In order to participate in storyline, you basically just need any ol' level 75 job, which I already have. Once the storylines dry up, what does FFXI have to offer to keep me coming back?

2 comments:

Michael Yago said...

FFXI has storyline? o_0; J/k.

You should really consider leveling a job you could have fun soloing with. Like... any pet job... or BLU... DNC... Soloing gives you a huge sense of accomplishment.

Ben said...

I see leveling other jobs as versatility. It allows you to do more and have more options. But on the flip side of that, I'd only level it if you enjoy it.

If you want to merit, it would probably be a lot easier to get into a merit party as SAM, for instance.

Don't sweat the endgame stuff too much... endgame gear is mostly useful for endgame events; regular things don't need that level of min/maxing. (At least in my opinion.)